From a Press Release issued by the Park Row Gallery, Chatham, NY:

"Queechy Lake Revisited", an exhibition of paintings by William Bond Walker, will be on view at Park Row Gallery,  2 Park Row, from Aug. 18 through Sept. 24.   An opening [!] reception will be held on Saturday, Sept. 3, from 4 to 6 PM.

Walker, whose home and studio sits beside Queechy Lake, has been painting the Canaan lake for years, and finds its constant  change throughout the passing seasons to be a source of  immense inspiration.  "We live in a house perched on the edge of the water, and I get to see it constantly change --the light, the surface of the water.   I think it's easy to take these things for granted, but I try to keep a fresh eye,"  says the artist.

His work has been described as fanciful and painterly, and his painting styles range through a continuum from abstraction to representational.  He takes his artistic inspiration from such masters as Cezanne, Matisse, and Richard Diebenkorn.         (end of press release)

This is Walker's third solo show at the Park Row Gallery.  There are twenty paintings in the show, and a number of items in the bin.  Most of them are landscapes. The medium employed most frequently is acrylic on paper or board, but there are several acrylics on canvas, and a few caseins on paper.

(For the newer members of ARLIS/NA, I retired from the Met Museum's Watson Library eleven years ago.  During my 35 years as a librarian I painted intermittently, and have been painting and exhibiting  since retirement.                        Bill Walker)