Forwarded from your2005-2006 GLIRT Moderator.  Watch for the GLIRT
E-Mail list to be issued within the next two weeks!

Ray Anne Lockard

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [queerart] Encyclopedia of Male Homosexual Art
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 06:52:47 +1000
From: [log in to unmask]
To: Queer Caucus for Art Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
CC: [log in to unmask]

I announce the publication on CDROM of An Encyclopedia of Male Homosexual
Art.

For copies send $20 cash or Postal Money Order to me (total includes
postage in the US):

Paul Knobel
C/- Prof. W. Percy
39 COncord Street East
Boston, MA 02118

The Encyclopedia has 8,300 entries and covers name, birth, death, school,
category (eg Oil Painter, Marbkeculptor), Subject, a rating of from 1 to 4
in importance and a category Research (if Yes is in this box it indicate
further research would be immediately profitable. The data comes to at
least 60,000 words. The cd is self opening and works on PC and Mac
versions 9+.

This work took over 17 years. There are 420 subject entries. I will send
copies when I get to Boston which I leave on 8 September. I get there on
3rd. I am at rpesent travelling in the US on further research.

For non US members email me for copies.

The Humanities Research Center, Austin, have cataloged the work on OCLC.

ANy enquiries email me.

best

Paul Knobel
Cleceland, Ohio

Ray Anne Lockard, Head Librarian
Frick Fine Arts Library
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Voice:  412-648-2411
Fax:  412-648-7568
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the
citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a
double-edged sword.  It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the
mind.  And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the
blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no
need in seizing the rights of the citizenry.  Rather, the citizenry,
infused with fear and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all of
their rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know?   For this
is what I have done. And I am Caesar." - William Shakespeare