Hi Cathy,
U.S. architecture program accreditation procedures are only for
professional practice degrees, so publishing is not a factor.

The U.K. architecture librarian's group (ARCLIB) maintains a list of
referred architecture journals (& several other related categories)
at http://cwis.livjm.ac.uk/lea/misc/ARCref.htm.  You can also do a
subject search in Ulrich's Periodical Directory Online and limit your
search to 'refereed' titles.

You could argue that getting a design project published in a refereed
journal should qualify in the same way as getting an article
published.

Best wishes,
Janine Henri