We helped organize an exhibition back in 1985 on this topic:

A Time to Reap: Late Blooming Folk Artists.  Exhibition co-curated by
Barbara Wahl Kaufman and Didi Barrett.  (South Orange, NJ: Seton Hall
University; New York: Museum of American Folk Art, 1985.)  44 p.

It featured 51 American self-taught artists, including Grandma Moses, who
all started making art in old age. (At least 54 years old apparently,
though that wasn't the specific criterion.)  Looking at it briefly, the
most important other figures I see there are William Edmondson, Bill
Traylor, Martin Ramirez, Eddie Arning, William Hawkins, Clementine Hunter,
Harry Lieberman, Gertrude Morgan, Jon Serl, and Joseph Yoakam. (imho)

I don't know if we have any extra copies available, but you might find it
a useful source.

James Mitchell
Librarian, American Folk Art Museum
Shirley K. Schlafer Library