What have people done about this book? Rather than withdrawing it from our collection, I'm considering following the suggestion of our head of Collection Development--keeping it on the shelf but tipping in a notice indicating the plagiarized content. That actually might be a useful educational tool re plagiarism. Problem is, what do I consider an "official" notice of such plagiarized content? Do we consider an email message to ARLIS-L sufficient? If there's any official notice on the MIT web site I've been unable to find it. Suggestions?

Edith L. Crowe
Art & Humanities Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
San Jose State University Library
http://www.sjlibrary.org

Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
http://www.mythsoc.org
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]