Dear ARLIS-L subscribers,

I am the relatively new manager of the Price Database at Artnet, a database of illustrated auction records from 1985 to present, to which many of you currently subscribe.

Terri Boccia, of the Clark Institute of Art, contacted me this month requesting a list of auction houses covered by the database.  Her request set into play an internal discussion concerning our need to give all our library clients such a list, complete with historical dates for houses not currently covered due to mergers, name changes, etc.  I am not able to send Excel files attached to the listserv, however, if you send an email to [log in to unmask], I will reply with the list as an attachment.

We are currently expanding not only the houses we offer but also any missing catalogues from houses that may not have sent results in a year or so.  Most of our data comes to us digitally via FTP and we are working making sure all data is as comprehensive as possible.

We are also building an auction house directory available for all visitors on our site, which will indicate houses that currently list in the database.  Please look to our website, www.artnet.com for additional features including our "Upcoming Auctions" page, our gallery directory, and our magazine.

For those of you who currently hold subscriptions, please alert your users to our new print feature (at the upper right of the search results pages), which allows a user to select which results they would like to print.

I welcome any of your questions and hope you will find the list to be of use.

Best regards,
Amy

Amy C. King
Manager, Price Database, AWC
artnet
61 Broadway, 23rd Fl.
New York, NY  10006
Ph: 212 497 9700 x373
Fax: 212 497 5000

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]