From: Linda Heslin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 1:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Compact Shelving

I would appreciate hearing from anybody having experience with compact shelving and specifically, use in circulating collections.

I have been considering  open stack electrical compact shelving for bound periodicals, but have concerns about using it for the circulating collection. Of course, I am been assured by two vendors that this is being done now in many libraries. Is it? My library is in critical need of space and plans to expand into an adjacent nearby room have been put on hold.

Thanks in advance.

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]