From: "Becky Simmons" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 1:59 PM
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Collection of Slides in an Archive/Special Collection

A faculty member would like to place a collection of 35mm slides she has
amassed (about 100) in the archives. They are slides of artwork by deaf
artists, and may be the only collection that anyone could find in one
place. As an archivist I hesitate, because after all, they are copies,
and not the original artwork. But, they do relegate to the faculty
member's scholarship, and might be of interest to researchers now and
into the future. I can see them increasing in uniqueness and value as
time goes on.  I am going to take them, but was looking for additional
input/suggestions/comments from others who may have experience with the
same sort of scenario.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Becky