Collection of Slides in an Archive/Special Collection

A faculty member would like to place a collection of 35mm slides she has amassed (about 100) in the archives. They are slides of artwork by deaf artists, and may be the only collection that anyone could find in one place. As an archivist I hesitate, because after all, they are copies, and not the original artwork. But, they do relegate to the faculty member's scholarship, and might be of interest to researchers now and into the future. I can see them increasing in uniqueness and value as time goes on.  I am going to take them, but was looking for additional input/suggestions/comments from others who may have experience with the same sort of scenario.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Becky

Becky Simmons
RIT Archivist
RIT Libraries
Rochester Institute of Technology
90 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY  14623
(585) 475-2557

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]