Hi all! I am getting ready to work on some collection development for our
library in the areas of Non-western art (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) and in
photography This is a new responsibility for me and I thought it might be
a good idea to come to the list for some guidance.

I work for an art and design school, so the focus is on the contemporary
and current.

In particular I am seeking reviewing tools and literature on developing a
collection of contemporary Non-western materials (fine art, illustration,
graphic design, interiors, etc…) Do any of you out there have suggestions?

Also, our photography collection is lacking. I will be talking with the
head of the photography department this summer to tackle their wants and
needs. Any suggestions for collection development literature in this area?

Any expertise and knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to
email me on or off list.

Peace
Elise

Elise J. Brown, MSIS