I would appreciate hearing from anybody having experience with compact
shelving and specifically, use in circulating collections.

I have been considering  open stack electrical compact shelving for bound
periodicals, but have concerns about using it for the circulating
collection. Of course, I am been assured by two vendors that this is being
done now in many libraries. Is it? My library is in critical need of space
and plans to expand into an adjacent nearby room have been put on hold.

Thanks in advance.