I am posting this for someone off the list.  Please respond directly to her
at:

Ellen Bates, Librarian and Art Curator
Union Club of New York
101 East 69th Street
New York, N.Y.  10021

Regarding the New England Historical & Genealogical Register, we have what
appears to be a complete run from 1847 to 1983.  Some of the book spines in the
upper 1800s are deteriorating in about 4 feet of shelf space - the books total
about 15 feet of shelf space.
I  would like to find a home for this set.  There is no index either.  If you
know of any library that would want them, please let me know. They are
available for postage only.