Dear Friends:

It was truly a dream come true to see a conference called Artist Book
Conference come to fruition because of the efforts of so many in ARLIS/SC,
which I founded. It has taken more than 20 years to convince art librarians
that artist books are essential to their collections, and it took much less
time for this chapter to put their heads and hearts together and get a
moveable feast going in Los Angeles from MOCA to Otis to the Clark Library
(UCLA) to the Getty with such efficiency, generosity and success. My 15
minutes at the podium was an epiphany for me, with a long, very long
standing ovation. I pass the torch to you art librarians to continue the
campaign I started way back in 1969. May ABC in Wellesley be as successful!
I thank you all.

Judith A. Hoffberg