Dear Colleagues--
I'm pleased to announce new content added
to the Digital Library for Decorative Arts
and Material Culture.  Permanent URL--
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts

One addition is a full-text facsimile of
the 1809 title:  "Plans of the most beautiful
picturesque gardens in France, England and
Germany..." by Johann Karl Krafft.
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.KrafftPlans

This title was selected to complete a quartet
of contemporaneous primary source texts on
garden architecture.  The hope is that scholars
of 18th/early 19th century material culture
will find these electronic facsimiles useful
for teaching and research.  (And those of us
now out planting in our yards and flowerboxes
might enjoy them as well!)

Other garden-related titles include:
LeRouge's (c. 1777) Details dex Nouveaux Jardins a la Mode
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.RougeDet
Repton's (1794) Sketches and Hints on Landscape Gardening
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.ReptonSketches
Papworth's (1823) Hints on Ornamental Gardening
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.PapworthHints

For the artists who'd rather paint their flowers
than grow them, I remind you also of George Brookshaw's
1818 "A New Treatise on Flower Painting"
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.BrookFloPai

Feedback on these resources and suggestions for
others are always welcome.  Thanks.
--Linda
Linda Duychak, Academic Librarian
Kohler Art Library/UW Digital Collections Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
800 University Avenue
Madison, WI  53706
(608) 263-2257