-----Original Message-----
From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Ray A Lockard
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 12:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Question about Contemporary Art Museums

I am thinking about the rise in number of Contemporary Art Museums since
1980.  I would appreciate any thoughts or examples you may share about
such museums that have been established between 1980 and 2005.  Some
examples that come to my mind include:

Dia Beacon
Andy Warhol Museum in 1993
New Museum of Contemporary Art
Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
Museum of Contemporary art, Cleveland
Museum of Contemporary Art, Cincinnati
and others

Thanks for any input about these museums in your region!

Ray Anne Lockard

                                Ray Anne Lockard
                         Head, Frick Fine Arts Library
                           University Library System
                            University of Pittsburgh
                             Pittsburgh, PA  15260
                              Voice:  412-648-2410
                                Fax:  412-648-7568
                          E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

                A book should be a ball of light in one's hands.
                                   Ezra Pound