Ray Anne,

I was not there but would be surprised if it was not a mojito
(moh-HEE-toe), a blend of rum, mint, and freshly squeezed lime, served
in a tall glass over ice with a splash of soda. It's a trademark
libation for Miami's Cuban population.

You can watch one being made at http://www.bacardimojito.com/main.htm.

Mark