Our independent art + design school merged with the local community college
this year.  In a few years we will be moving to a new facility and the issue of
what to do with and whether to maintain and staff a separate art library is
still largely unresolved.  The faculty and staff here support keeping it very
strongly but there has been no clear decision from the top on the issue and the
library's role as seen in the architect's plans is vague.

I would welcome any information on this topic whether it is to tell me of
your experience with this situation of having to justify keeping the art library
with the art program or suggested readings?  Is there a source for statistics
on the placement of art libraries within different types of schools?
Thanks for any help,

Kate Cooper
Library
School of Art & Design @ Montgomery College