Cartography Associates just this morning posted a message to the VRA-L
announcing their launch of "AMICA" (Art Museum Images from Cartography
Associates).  Quoting from Nancy Harm's posting, it is "a collection of more
than 100,000 high quality works of art from prominent museums worldwide,
replacing The AMICO Library... Most of the museums that contributed to the
original The AMICO Library will be included in the AMICA collection and
several will support its continued growth by adding more resources from
their own collections."

The collection will be made available using Luna Insight software, just as
AMICO is currently available through Cartography Associates.

For more information, see

http://www.davidrumsey.com/collections/finearts.html

Or contact [log in to unmask]

On 5/26/05 12:48 PM, "Rebecca Price" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> It's being made available through two vendors (as far as I know) --
>
> Wilson is offering a product called AMIG and RLG is offering it as
> CAMIO.
>
> Here's some of the Wilson info:
> http://www.hwwilson.com/Databases/artmuseum.htm
>
> Here's a pdf of the CAMIO brochure
> http://www.rlg.org/en/pdfs/support/camio-brochure.pdf
>
> I haven't been able to check if they are offering basically the same
> product or if the list of participating museums for each vendor is
> significantly different.   Our Wilson rep sent me the list of
> participating museums and it included 21 institutions (incl. the Met,
> the V&A, Minneapolis Inst. of FA, LACMA, San Francisco M of Modern Art,
> Detroit Inst. of Arts, the Phillips Coll., the Whitney, Boston, Nat'l
> Gallery of Canada, Smithsonian American Art, etc.).   She said it'd be
> compatible with cross-data searching tools (I'd asked about metalib)
> and certainly one will be able to search it alongside Art Full Text and
> Art Retro.
>
> It'll be interesting to test them both out.
>
> best
> Rebecca
>
> On May 26, 2005, at 11:55 AM, Paul Glassman wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Would anyone know what's happening with AMICO?  I'm unable to find
>> information about its future on the AMICO Web site.  More specifically,
>> what should institutions who currently have it do if they want to
>> continue providing it for their patrons?  I understand that the group
>> purchasing unit at NYLINK, the local branch of OCLC, no longer makes it
>> available, and many universities and college in New York State
>> subscribed
>> to AMICO through NYLINK for the discount.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --Paul Glassman
>>   Assistant Dean for Reference Services & Collection Development
>>   123 Hofstra University
>>   Hempstead, New York  11549
>>   (516) 463-5963 voice; (516) 463-6387 facsimile;

Andrea Frank
Boston College