This is a reminder to submit your proposed program idea for the ARLIS
2006 Conference next year in beautiful Banff, Alberta as soon as
possible!  The program proposal deadline, May 14, 2005, is fast approaching!

We invite all ARLIS/NA members to assist with the development of
relevant programming content for the next ARLIS/NA conference to be held
in Banff, Alberta, May 5-9, 2006. Program Proposal Forms can be
completed electronically or downloaded from
http://www.arliscanada.ca/banff2006/program-proposals.  Submit before
the May 14, 2005 deadline.

While in Houston, the Banff Program Co-Chairs made a presentation at the
Membership Meeting and put out the initial Call for Program Proposals
for Banff. Members of our conference planning team attended section,
division and round table meetings and tried to connect with as many
people as possible, listening to ideas and suggestions.  The Call for
Program Proposals is now being extended to ARLIS-L. We invite EVERYONE
to consider submitting a proposal.

Although many ARLIS/NA members have already expressed ideas or passed on
great suggestions, it is important that these ideas and suggestions be
formulated as Program Proposals, using the official form.

In the process of pulling together your program proposals, feel free to
contact Program Co-Chair Marilyn Nasserden
([log in to unmask]) for information or for assistance
identifying local people to fill out your program idea.

We welcome all kinds of proposals but encourage ARLIS/NA members to
consider the Core Competencies, Strategic Plan and Environmental Scan to
develop programming that is timely, relevant, practical and
inspirational. This year, we especially want to hear from ARLIS/NA
members who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise by
leading small workshops or working sessions built into the core of the
conference.

Looking forward to receiving your input, Marilyn Nasserden
([log in to unmask]) and Jill Patrick ([log in to unmask]),
Program Co-Chairs for:

TRANSCONTINENTAL PERSPECTIVES: ARLIS/NA IN THE CANADIAN ROCKIES
ARLIS/NA 34th Annual Conference
May 5-9th, 2006
Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
Conference website: http://www.arliscanada.ca/banff2006