Yes, Ars Libri parties have been TOTALLY FANTASTIC - I will always
remember these as outstanding:  Miami Beach with mojitos, Latin music and
dancing (Ted Goodman's elegant steps on the floor with many partners);
Chicago Aquarium and the Karnos dressed in their lobster costumes (!!);
Phoenix at the Heard Museum with the Margueritas (I think) and the
Mariachi band; the elegance of the flickering candles outdoors in the
atrium with pool at the old Getty Museum....  Of course, there are many
others too.

ARLIS/NA is the GREATEST organization in the world for its welcoming
spirit, substantive and sometimes provocative programming, selection of
great conference cities; creative and excellent tours; AND scintillating
individuals who also often become good friends as well as professional
colleagues.

                                Ray Anne Lockard
                         Head, Frick Fine Arts Library
                           University Library System
                            University of Pittsburgh
                             Pittsburgh, PA  15260
                              Voice:  412-648-2410
                                Fax:  412-648-7568
                          E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

                A book should be a ball of light in one's hands.
                                   Ezra Pound