Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:00:56 -0500
From: Dale McNeill <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Assistant Manager, Technical Services, Dallas Public Library
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

It's not that we have so many jobs, it's just that I always post them
here....

The City of Dallas has a non-discrimination ordinance.  Same-sex domestic
partners can take part in the City's health insurance plan (although the
City does not pay any portion of health insurance for any spouse).

ASSISTANT MANAGER (LIBRARIAN II CLASS I 09741) (Materials Processing)
Position Description: The Assistant Manager for Materials Processing
supervises 15 staff (5 catalog librarians, 7 Office Assistants who edit
LCMARC and some OCLC cataloging records and 3 Office Assistants who do the
physical processing).  Additional duties include but are not limited to
cataloging, writing guidelines for Office Assistants to use for editing
LCMARC and OCLC records, participating in writing price agreements for
outsourcing cataloging and processing, making recommendations for policy
changes and for changes to the library's home page.
The Dallas Public Library has a Central building and 23 branches, with 3 new
branches opening in the next few years.  We have archive collections that
require original cataloging or considerable editing of the existing
cataloging copy we find in OCLC.
(http://dallaslibrary.org/CTX/archives/MA91-9.html)
Starting Salary: $41,364 - $54,807 depending on qualifications Required
Education: ALA-accredited master's degree in library science.
Required Experience: Minimum of two years library and/or supervisory
experience.  Experience in cataloging and classification is required.  Our
ideal candidate will have experience establishing authority records,
cataloging non-English materials, serials and media, as well as supervisory
experience.
To apply: send Resume and City of Dallas application to:
City of Dallas
Civil Service Department
1500 Marilla, 1C-South
Dallas, TX 75201
Or apply online at:
http://dallascityhall.com/dallas/eng/html/employment.html
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you have questions regarding the Dallas Public Library or Technical
Services, please contact: Ellen Stamelos ([log in to unmask] /
214/670-7920)

Dale McNeill
Public Service Administrator
Dallas Public Library