Dear colleagues,
Part of our building is about to undergo renovation, which means that the
building has to meet fire codes.  The result is that we will have to have a
fire protection system installed.  I am seeking information on the types of
fire protection systems that are best for collections of books, images,
film, etc.   Any advice you have, or statements of the importance of not
using the typical water system would be appreciated.  Please send your
information directly to me at the e-mail address below.
Thanks,
Ann

Ann Whiteside
Director, Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library
University of Virginia
Bayly Drive, PO Box 400131
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4131

Phone: 434-924-6601; Fax: 434-982-2678