  From: Linda Gorney
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 8:38 AM
  Subject: [ARLIS-L] Request for advice to an aspiring art librarian

  Hi List -
  I am a new student in a library science program. I would like to get into art librarianship and I have done some primary research - google searches, the ALA and Arlis websites.  I also have a masters degree in printmaking, so I have an o.k. art history background. (Although I would like more)

  My question is a bit general for the art librarians out there:  Since I just started my program (this semester), can anyone give me suggestions on how to make my MLS experience more art-centric.  My major concern is that this program is so SHORT and I want to make the most of it!
  What aspects of Library Science are NEEDED in an art library?

  Thanks so much in advance for the advice!

  -Linda Gorney

  __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]