Date:    Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:36:17 -0400
From:    Suzanne Kammin <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Sketchbook books

------_=_NextPart_001_01C53B87.8A7D0500

I am looking for materials that elementary educators will be able to use
in their classrooms.  Does anyone have any ideas for resources for the
following topics:

=20

1. a book that compares preparatory sketches with a final work of art

=20

2. a book about artists' sketchbooks or on a specific artists' work

=20

3. a book that talks about what drawing is to different people in
different cultures.

=20

Also, apparently there was an article in the NY Times a few weeks ago (I
think in the book review) on why people draw.  Does anyone know what
this article is and when and where it was published? =20

=20

Thanks,

=20

Suzanne Kammin

Manger of Resource Collections/Archives

The Studio in a School Association, Inc.

New York, NY  10023

212 459 1455

Fax 212 957 1327

www. studioinaschool.org