I am looking for materials that elementary educators will be able to use in their classrooms.  Does anyone have any ideas for resources for the following topics:

1. a book that compares preparatory sketches with a final work of art

2. a book about artists’ sketchbooks or on a specific artists’ work

3. a book that talks about what drawing is to different people in different cultures.

Also, apparently there was an article in the NY Times a few weeks ago (I think in the book review) on why people draw.  Does anyone know what this article is and when and where it was published?

Thanks,

Suzanne Kammin

Manger of Resource Collections/Archives

The Studio in a School Association, Inc.

New York, NY  10023

212 459 1455

Fax 212 957 1327

www. studioinaschool.org

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]