Hello All:
    I would second Al Willis' comments on applying as a delegate to the
ARLIS/UK & Ireland Conference 2005 in Birmingham, England.   Last year I
applied for the ARLIS/UK & Ireland International Delegate Award and was
honored to be selected.  It was an exciting conference held in Oxford
last July.  It is a great opportunity to meet and network with Art
Librarians from the UK and other cities in Europe.  I also taught in
Birmingham in 1999 as part of a Study Abroad program through the
University of Minnesota Duluth.  Birmingham is a beautiful city with
lots of cultural activities.....museums, galleries, music, shops,
gardens, etc.  And you can get everywhere by bus or train.  I enjoyed
the city immensely and have back there several times since 1999.  I
would encourage you to think about applying for this award.
Marilyn Russell, Library Director, Institute of American Indian Arts,
Santa Fe, New MExico

>An opportunity  to attend this year's ARLIS conference for a delegate
>from outside the UK & Ireland
>
>INTERNATIONAL DELEGATE AWARD
>
>ARLIS/UK & Ireland are please to announce its third Annual Conference
>International Delegate Award, designed to encourage attendance and
>participation in the 2005 Annual Conference for art information
>professionals who reside outside the UK & Ireland.
>Applications are invited for a single fully-funded place*
>*N.B. The award does not include travel costs
>
>ROUGH DIAMONDS: polishing partnerships with creative industries
>ARLIS/UK & Ireland Annual Conference 2005
>Aston University, Birmingham, Thursday 7th-Saturday 9th July 2005
>
>Conference website: http://www.arlis.org.uk/conf/arlis2005/index.html
>
>Birmingham's thriving creative communities include publishers,
>jewellers, photographers and artists.  It is the second largest media
>centre in the country and the home of internationally renowned
>museums, galleries and libraries. Although this year's conference is
>slightly shorter, the programme is as full as ever.  In addition to
>workshops, study visits and the opportunity to network with colleagues
>we have speakers from a variety of backgrounds including:
>"      John Dolan, Library & information Services, Birmingham City Council
>"      Carol Meads, British Library
>"      Jayne Everard, Artifact
>"      Douglas Laird, Business Insight
>
>Other sessions include:
>-      Practitioners from fields as diverse as digital media and
>jewellery, and their particular information needs
>-      How to make partnerships work and finding funding for them,
>based on current initiatives such as Chrysalis as well as projects in
>Russia and Scotland.
>
>To apply for the award, please submit the following (4 copies of each):
>
>1.     A completed application form (copies available on the ARLIS
>website: www.arlis.org.uk or from the ARLIS administrator at the
>address below).
>2.     A résumé listing educational background, employment history
>and professional activities.
>
>The deadline for receipt is Friday 13th May 2005
>
>The decisions of the Council of ARLIS/UK & Ireland and its grants
>panel shall be final, and no correspondence regarding these shall be
>entered into. The Council of ARLIS/UK & Ireland reserves the right to
>make no award if no suitable application is received.
>
>The successful applicant must confirm in writing the he/she is able to
>meet the requirement of conference attendance. He/she will be expected
>to submit a post-conference report to the
>Council of ARLIS/UK & Ireland.
>
>Application papers should be returned to: Anna Mellows,
>Administrator, ARLIS/UK & Ireland, The Courtauld Institute of Art,
>Somerset House, The Strand, London, WC2R 0RN, UK, Tel: + 44 (0) 20
>7848 2703, Fax: + 44 (0) 20 7848 2887, Email: [log in to unmask]
>
>For more information on the conference please see:
> [...]

Marilyn Russell, [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Library Director, 505.424.2397

Institute of American Indian Arts

http://www.iaia.edu <http://www.iaia.edu/>

Click Here to Visit My Personal Website