Dear ARLIS/NA Members,
The members of GLIRT [Gay & Lesbian Interests Round Table] listed below
have all expressed our support for the dissolution of GLIRT as a Round
Table.

There are times in an organization when change can be a healthy way to
refocus and redirect important activity and values.

When GLIRT was officially formed in the 1980s, it was during the period
when program proposals needed organizational sponsors. GLIRT was a very
dynamic part of the Society. We produced some fascinating programs at
conferences and developed one of the first web pages with any real content.

We regret to see GLIRT's passing but retain hope that the gay and lesbian
members of the Society will continue to make our presence in and
contributions to the profession known to ARLIS/NA. I'm sure that ARLIS/NA
members who once identified with GLIRT will find other appropriate ways to
further this important cause.

We want to thank the immediate past moderator, Miguel Juarez, for his fine
work. Ray Anne Lockard had offered to stand as next year's moderator but
she was not present at the Houston GLIRT meeting. The fact that we are
recycling moderators is telling.

Prior to a vote by the Executive Board for dissolution, we want to apprise
members of the proposed Board action and give members a chance to voice
your opinions.

THE DEADLINE FOR COMMENTS IS APRIL 30.

After that date, Ann Whiteside, ARLIS/NA Vice President and Board Liaison,
will bring this proposal to the Executive Board for a vote.

Best,
Ted
--------------------
Undersigned: