Nuevo-flamenco, world fusion, gypsy surf music?

Yes, we're flashing back to the Convocation Reception last Sunday
evening at the The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. The band is
Moodafaruka, and I believe most of what we heard that night was off the
Zazu album, though I recognized many songs from the La Luna Lounge and
their new release, Blame It on the Moon. Point your browser to their
website, http://www.moodafaruka.com, where you can learn about the band
and listen to tracks (albums are available for purchase at
http://www.cdbaby.com).

For you non-attendees, just ask someone who was there. This might be
the first Convocation Reception where the bar was cut off and we were
kicked out (it was that good).

Enjoy,

Mark Pompelia