Art museum librarians:

I'm a SLIS student at SJSU with an interest in art librarianship.

I am currently working on a paper about contemporary art museum libraries
and would like to ask you a few questions.  Please feel free to answer any
or all of the questions, as they pertain to your experience and knowledge.
I will be exceedingly grateful for any information you can provide me.

Questions:

1) How do art museum libraries justify their value to their parent
organizations?
2) What are they doing to add value to their products and services?
3) What are some of the ways they are trying to maintain or increase their
funding?
4) In our current environment, what kinds of returns on the library
investment are of interest to various museum departments, museum directors,
and those that determine budget allocations?
5) How do museum managers determine if libraries are contributing to the
museums in the most efficient way?
6) How are librarians taking advantage of technology to support the mission
of their parent institutions?

Please feel free to respond to my personal e-mail address:

Anyone interested in the answers I receive may also write me for a summary.

Thank you very much!

Sandra J. Ley
Reference Assistant
Copley Library, University of San Diego