Hi Lindsey (and others):

We met for an informative hour talking rather
informally on networking possibilities for students
and what students need from ARLIS. Among ideas are:

-a student listserv separate from ARLIS-L (in the
works)
-asking ARLIS to lower student dues in exchange for no
mailings to students
-yearly updating of LS/IS programs and contacts
-chapter level lists of speakers (through a speaker's
bureau) to visit library programs
-a Student Affairs panel in Banff

We had a number of other topics come up, but agreed to
start with the listserv which will be up and running
in the next few weeks. Please watch ARLIS-L for that
announcement. It will be for students and young
professionals only, so that folks have a forum were
they might feel less intimidated to post.  I hope that
students will sign on to this so that we can get going
on a number of other possibilities within the
organization.  And again, PLEASE jump on board. I'm
getting this up and running but am happy to pass it
off once it's viable.

Please feel free to contact me off list at my work
email if you have any questions.

Sarah Falls
Visual Resources Librarian
University of Richmond

--- Lindsey Barnes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I am sure that a few other students had to get back to
class and jobs (unfortunately) Tuesday afternoon and
missed the student meeting, therefore I wanted to ask
what happened and how I can get involved, and hope
that maybe others would be wondering the same thing...
Were minutes taken that I can access somewhere? Thanks
a lot to all those that respond,

Lindsey Barnes at Louisiana State University, MLIS
chaser