On behalf of the Texas-Mexico Chapter, the Conference Planning
Advisory Committee, and the Program and Local Arrangements Co-chairs,
I want to extend a hearty Thank You to the nearly 500 ARLIS/NA
members and exhibitors who attended the Houston conference this past
week. It was wonderful to have you here.

Hosting a conference bestows a singular feeling of accomplishment:
through crafting a program that is professionally enriching, planning
events that are socially engaging and reflective of local resources
and treasures, and meeting friends and colleagues old and new. Of
course the spectacular hotel and perfect weather did help.

As Chapter President, I am very proud of all those who participated
toward the success of the conference. It takes a strong and
enthusiastic group to plan and execute a meeting of this scale and I
trust that all attendees got a chance to witness that unbridled
spirit. We, of course, know this to be true of Houston and of Texas,
and now "y'all" do, too.

But it also takes a willing and engaged membership to make an event
successful--so again, Thank You.

Mark Pompelia
ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico Chapter President
Local Arrangements Co-chair