Hello. I sent this same question to COLLDV-L a couple of months ago
and did not get any response at all, but I'm hopeful that someone on
this list (to which I am new) will be able to help.

I serve as art bibliographer in an undergraduate liberal arts
university library. The art department on campus maintains a separate
slide library, but otherwise my library supports the studio art and
art history majors (each of which has three tenure-track faculty
members). Our art books are heavily used. I anticipate subdividing my
allocation for art books and media into two parts: one to support
studio art, and the other to support art history.

For anyone else who subdivides their art budget this way:

What proportion of your art budget do you devote to art history?
How did you arrive at your current proportions?

Any thoughts, sources, and advice about appropriate or commonly used
proportions will be very welcome.

Thank you,
Dana
--

Dana Hendrix
Head, Collection Development and Acquisition