We still need a recorder for Session 15: Gen X or Just Gen?: So you want to work with art information?, scheduled for Tuesday morning, April 5 at 9:30 - 11 am.
If you are interested please email me or call me for details.
Thanks a lot,
Susan Koskinen

Location: Hilton Americas / Room 340 AB
Description: What do library and information students need to know? How should they develop a career path for work in art libraries? As new librarians enter our profession, it is critical that we appreciate and channel the unique talents that new colleagues will bring to us. This session will present a panel of librarians ready to share their experience in a variety of settings as well as a faculty member in a school of information. Each participant will offer advice and practical information for students, recent graduates, experts who are changing fields, and professionals who are looking for what’s new in the profession.

Participants:
· Loriene Roy, Professor, School of Information and Center for Women's and Gender Studies, University of Texas at Austin, Personalizing the LIS Curriculum in Preparation for a Career in Art Librarianship
· Laura Tatum, Project Archivist, Manuscripts and Archives, Yale University, Double Standards: Crossing the Border from Libraries to Archives
· Heather Ball, Art & Architecture Librarian, Virginia Tech, Making Friends With Your 'Inner Ham' and Other Tales of Academic Librarianship
· Moderator: Susan Koskinen, Environmental Design Librarian, University of California, Berkeley, Private Practice: Where do you go from here?
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]