Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. [log in to unmask]">

If you are interested in being the Recorder for Session 19, "When Couture Costs Less Than Ready-to-Wear:" Non-Commercial Content Creation and Resource Sharing, on Tuesday, April 5th from 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., please let me know.  Here is the description of the session:

Description: While a major portion of our time and resources are spent acquiring materials, resources, indexes and databases, and negotiating access to them, a chief element of our skill-set is our ability to organize information for local use. From the creation of library catalogs, indexes and thesauri to 21st century digital image databases, we have always had to decide whether to purchase content from vendors or produce it in-house. This session seeks to explore in-house content production and how it might lend itself to collaborative efforts with colleagues and sister institutions. In addition, it will provide a forum for a positive discussion and reevaluation of the importance of maintaining an opportunity for creativity within our profession.

Participants:

·                     Eric Wolf, Director of the Library, New York School of Interior Design, When there is no Ready-to-Wear: Triumphs and Failures in Creating an Image Database for Interior Design

·                     Kay Teel, Serials Catalog Librarian and Cataloger for the Arts, Stanford University Libraries & Academic Information Resources, Overburdened but Underdressed: Library Catalogs

·                     John Lynch, Director of Vanderbilt University's Television News Archive, Archiving in a Glass House

·                     Carol K. Rusk, Benjamin and Irma Weiss Librarian, Frances Mulhall Achilles Library, Whitney Museum of American Art, Hopper Research Collection, from Boxed Storage to Scholars' Resource

·                     Introduction: Jenni Rodda, Curator, Visual Resources Collections, Institute of Fine Arts, New York University

·                     Discussion leader: Sharon C. Chickanzeff, Director, Stephen Chan Library, Institute of Fine Arts, New York University

Thanks,

Eric Wolf

Director of the Library

New York School of Interior Design

170 E. 70th Street

New York, NY 10021

212-472-1500 x216

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]