Perhaps the lack of overwhelming public praise for the new web site is because many responses are being sent off list.  I was impressed the first time I saw it, and I'm sure we'll all appreciate and value the new design and organization the more we use it. I would like to add my praise for the efforts of the task force (Nedda Ahmed, Jonathan Franklin, Jack Robertson, Jeanne Brown, Judy Dyki, Margaret Webster and Lee Sorensen) and to the Executive Board.  I remember being at the Publications Committee meeting last year when Jack Robertson was incoming chair and this project was first discussed.  I thought at the time that there was no way such an ambitious project could be accomplished in a year, especially since it involves questions of design as well as content and functionality, and we know that we all have strong opinions about design.  Simply adopting a new logo and corporate identity was a major challenge when I was on the Executive Board.  (By the way, I'm pleased that the web design does incorporate our logo so well.)  So, finally, while I  this realize this project was a team effort I know it would not have succeeded without the vision and drive of our President, Jeanne Brown.  I think we owe her a standing ovation for her efforts.

Daniel Starr