Dear Art Museum Library Colleagues:

Work on organizing the Handbook of Art Museum Librarianship is almost complete, with 40 of you from the largest to the smallest art museum libraries from all over the U.S., Canada, and Australia signed up to write 59 essays on 16 topics.  One topic, Marketing and Public Relations, is still in need of one more author, preferably someone from a small or medium-sized art museum library, but I would be glad to hear from any art museum librarian who has an active marketing and advocacy program.  If you have a story about the challenges of marketing your library inside and outside the museum, at staff meetings or curatorial meetings, through brochures, newsletters, the museum website, through the work you do as your library (or museum) representative to professional organizations, museum special interest councils, or community groups, or in any other way, please let me know.  The deadline for manuscripts is May 20 and each essay will be relatively short--1,000 - 1,500 words.  If you have not before heard of this publication project, which is scheduled for publication early in 2006 in the ARLIS/NA Occasional Papers series, I will be glad to send you additional information by return email.

Hoping to hear from you,

Joan M. Benedetti, Editor
A Handbook of Art Museum Librarianship

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]