Dear ARLIS,
We have a collection of lantern slides in our Archives, many of which are images of the BMA in its early days.  Unfortunately, we do not have copies in any other format.  We would now like to have several of them reproduced, but I am unsure how to proceed.  Our Rights and Reproductions Department has suggested having a local photo lab they work with do it, but I would like to hear some of your thoughts first.  Have any of you had reproductions of lantern slides made?  If so, do you have any suggestions about how to do it?  Any caveats?  I greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,

Emily Rafferty
Assistant Librarian & Archivist
E. Kirkbride Miller Art Research Library
Baltimore Museum of Art
10 Art Museum Drive
Baltimore, MD  21218
Tel (410) 396-6317