Forwarded on behalf of the sender; please respond directly to him.
Thanks,
Heidi

V. Heidi Hass
Head of the Reference Collection
The Pierpont Morgan Library
29 East 36th Street
New York, NY  10016-3403

TEL: 212 590-0381
FAX: 212 685-4740
NET: [log in to unmask]

Visit CORSAIR, the Library’s comprehensive collections catalog, now on the web at
http://corsair.morganlibrary.org

>>> "James P. Tierney" <[log in to unmask]> 02/21/05 11:31AM >>>

The 69th Infantry (Fighting 69th), a New York National Guard unit currently serving in Iraq, has a long and vibrant history tracing back to 1775. In its armory, at 26th Street and Lexington Avenue, there is a significant number of artifacts tracing the unit's long history, which began during the Revolution and continued in peace and war through the Civil War, World War I, World War II, September 11, and now Iraq. The 69th Regiment Armory was the site of the Armory Show of 1913, the first large exhibition of modern art in America. In 2001, the Armory was used as family information center for victims of 9/11. The members of the Sixty-ninth included poet Joyce Kilmer ('Trees'), Father Duffy (Duffy Square in Times Square District), Bill Donovan (founder of the OSS (CIA)) and many others. The Regimental Headquarters is currently working on a project to catalogue artifacts and renovate displays. We have little expertise on needs to be done. Toni Hiley, Curator of the CIA Museum, in Washington, DC suggested contacting museums in the New York City area, and universities, which conduct programs in museum operations to see if someone could provide us with direction and guidance before we start this project. Would it be possible for someone in your organization to assist us in our effort. I can be reached at this email address or on my cell phone at 703 627-3048.

Thank you

Jim Tierney

Regimental Historian

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]