Dear ARLIS/NA Members and Future Members,

        We are pleased to announce the appointment of two new editors who will help to expand and enrich the Society's publications program.

        Carol Graney, Director of University Libraries, University of the Arts in Philadelphia, will serve as the inaugural News and Features Editor.  Carol will build upon the long and distinguished tradition established by Linda Zieper who, as editor of the bimonthly Update publication, collected news and content-rich notes for dissemination.  Carol will work with appointees of Divisions, Sections, Round Tables, Committees, Chapters, and the Executive Board to provide timely access to relevant information on the ARLIS/NA web site.

        John Taormina, Director, Visual Resources Center, Duke University, will become our first Professional Resources Editor, a position based on the Occasional Papers Series editorship, most recently held by Paul Glassman.  John will seek excellent materials -- including monographic studies, surveys, indexes, annotated bibliographies, etc. -- for publication in paper and on the ARLIS/NA web site.  Occasional Papers will continue as a series, and the new web site's "Resources" section will also provide additional opportunity for members to publish within the Society's expanded publication program.

        We look forward to meeting with many colleagues at the Houston conference and to introducing Carol and John in person.  We thank those members who expressed interest in these positions.  Please welcome Carol and John to their new positions by providing them with relevant and timely material for our ARLIS/NA's publications.

Margaret Webster                                       Jack Robertson

Vice President / President Elect                  Publications Committee Chair __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]