Dear Colleagues,

In an effort to gain as much public opinion as possible, the Strategic Plan
Task Force commissioned two documents reflecting the climate surrounding
ARLISNA and the opinions of its members. Our special praise and thank you
go out to Jack Robertson and Nedda Ahmed of the Publications Committee for
making the documents available on the new website in such a timely fashion.

The first, the ARLISNA Environmental Scan 2005, takes a look at ARLISNA
through the eyes of its members as reflected in conferences, publications,
and list-serve discussions over the last five years since the last
Strategic Plan went into effect, as well as the outside forces that form
our environment.  The Environmental Scan reflects the trends that will
affect ARLISNA over the next few years covered by the Strategic Plan 2006-2009.

The second, the ARLISNA Strategic Plan Survey Results, provides a beautiful
graphic display of what ARLISNA members think about our vision, our
mission, and where we are as an organization.  The data gives a glimpse
into what the members have to say directly about the course we should take
over the next few years.

These two documents, along with the first member survey from the New York
conference, the information to be gathered at the Strategic Plan Forum, and
the ideas from the Houston Focus Group, will be the basis for the final
Strategic Plan 2006-2009.  It is your plan and more than ever the SPTF
wants your comment.

Please take time to look over the Environmental Scan and the Survey Results
and see what we are thinking about.  I think you might be surprised.

We hope to see everyone at the Strategic Plan Forum (Monday, April 4th,
2:30-3:30 in Room 327) for one last talk together.

Thanks,

Lucie Stylianopoulos
Leslie Abrams
Co-chairs, Strategic Plan Task Force (SPTF)

Lucie Wall Stylianopoulos
Information Services Librarian
Librarian for Art/Architectural History, Archaeology, and Drama
Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4131

tele. 434-924-6604           [log in to unmask]                   fax: