From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of b.j. irvine
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] E-Reserves and images

  Yes, we just started providing e-reserves this January for our art
history classes.  We have a hpscanjet 5550c attached to a pc.  We scan
from xerox copies and then these are uploaded to the campus e-reserves
system.  bj irvine

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Brooke Henderson wrote:

> Dear ARLIS Colleagues,
>
> Are any of you currently using E-Reserves of articles
> with images, and if so, how are they being produced
> and stored?
>
> My institution is working towards implementing
> E-Reserves, and our Art dept is currently trying this
> out with one course. The IS staff involved with
> producing the E-Reserve files currently provide us
> with PDFs of the articles (with the images blocked
> out); then they go back and scan the images from these
> same articles to save and store them in a separate
> file. Apparently there are tech problems with
> scanning, storing, and opening E-Reserves PDF files
> that include images. I have a meeting tomorrow to
> learn more about the process, but I would love any
> information/ideas/insights from those of you who are involved with or
> utilize electronic reserves containing images.
>
> I don't need info about copyright...that is managed
> here quite well. My inquiry is more about the
> mechanics of the actual production of E-Reserves.
>

> Thank you very much,
>
> Brooke E. Henderson
> Art Librarian
> Wellesley College

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

> Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at:

B. J. Kish Irvine, Ph.D.
Fine Arts Librarian
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47405