Colleagues--

Typically at this time of year the ARLIS/NA treasurer begins sending email
reminders, aimed at chapter, division, section, and roundtable officers,
about requesting funding for special projects. These requests are usually
due by May 31 but apply to the upcoming fiscal year; for example, funding
requested by May 31, 2005 would not be available until January 2006.  I am
writing instead this year to let you know that this process is currently
under review by the Board.  We anticipate setting aside a certain amount
in the budget each year for these types of projects, but not asking for
project submissions until August or September.  In the meantime, we will
review the guidelines at the pre-conference Board meeting this April,
discuss them at the leadership breakfast, and prepare revised
documentation for release in late summer.  Please let me know if you have
questions about the special funding process.

--Lynda
ARLIS/NA Treasurer

Lynda S. White, Associate Director
Management Information Services