Dear ARLIS Colleagues,

Are any of you currently using E-Reserves of articles
with images, and if so, how are they being produced
and stored?

My institution is working towards implementing
E-Reserves, and our Art dept is currently trying this
out with one course. The IS staff involved with
producing the E-Reserve files currently provide us
with PDFs of the articles (with the images blocked
out); then they go back and scan the images from these
same articles to save and store them in a separate
file. Apparently there are tech problems with
scanning, storing, and opening E-Reserves PDF files
that include images. I have a meeting tomorrow to
learn more about the process, but I would love any
information/ideas/insights from those of you who are
involved with or utilize electronic reserves
containing images.

I don't need info about copyright...that is managed
here quite well. My inquiry is more about the
mechanics of the actual production of E-Reserves.

Thank you very much,

Brooke E. Henderson
Art Librarian
Wellesley College