A community college here saved money by having an elevator stop only on
every other floor. People were expected to walk up or down one flight as
needed. It is a disaster. People who cannot manage stairs or are
transporting heavy material have to use another elevator designated for
staff only. Since that elevator opens into several areas that need to be
secure, the issuing of elevator keys and the need for guards continue to
cause difficulties.

I'm sorry there are no articles on this, but I recommend that all involved
urge full elevator service to EVERY floor.  Best wishes.