Greetings ARLIS/NA members. This message has multiple parts!

1. The role of the conference in the life of the Society.
2. A call for agenda items for the Membership Meeting in Houston.
3. A reminder that some of you *still* need to renew your membership.
4. A reminder to chairs, moderators, special appointments, and Executive
Board that annual reports are soon due.

1. The role of the conference in the life of the Society. In my current
role as president it has really struck home how much of Society business,
including the very crucial role of planning, revolves around conference,
and is transacted at conference. We need that face-to-face time, that time
to brainstorm and discuss. No matter how adept we become at transacting
business via email, nothing will replace the opportunity presented by the
conference. This year it is even more important that as our members attend
in droves as we consider our Strategic Plan for 2006-2009. If you have not
yet registered, please take advantage of the early bird rate and register
*now*! http://www.arlis-txmx.org/arlisna2005/registration.php

2. A call for agenda items for the Membership Meeting in Houston.
Please send any agenda items for the Membership Meeting to me at
[log in to unmask] This would include any memorials or
announcements.

3. A reminder that some of you *still* need to renew your membership.
I am hoping we can whittle down the number of folks who have not yet
renewed before the Membership Committee starts their annual contacting. If
you have not yet renewed you can do so online at
http://www.arlisna.org/membership.html. If you have renewed you should
have received the 2005 password for the ARLIS/NA members-only pages, and
been added to the online directory. Deadline to be included in the *print*
Members Directory is March 15.

4. A reminder to chairs, moderators, special appointments and Executive
Board that annual reports are soon due. According to the annual report
guidelines at http://www.arlisna.org/arlismembers/reports-guide.html
annual reports from DSRT moderators, committee chairs, special
appointments, and all Executive Board members are due Feb. 28. Contents of
the reports and who should receive copies are all part of the report
guidelines. Past reports are posted in the members-only section.

Wow. Getting ready for our annual Society/personal/professional renewal
and discussion fest is BIG!

See you soon :  ) Jeanne

Jeanne Brown
ARLIS/NA President

Jeanne Brown                            Tel:702-895-4369
Head, Architecture Studies Library      Fax:702-895-1975
Box 45-4049, 4505 Maryland Parkway      Email:[log in to unmask]
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV 89154-4049

Home page: http://www.library.unlv.edu/arch/index.html