One of the advantages of Houston as our conference site mirrors the
city's success as a transportation hub.  The town is easy to get in and
out of, from anywhere in North America.

Most of us will arrive in Texas by air.  Houston is served by two
airports www.houstonairportsystem.org, and by all national and regional
carriers.

George Bush Inter-Continental Airport (IAH, affectionately known as
"Intergalactic") http://iah.houstonairportsystem.org/, is twenty miles
north of Downtown, and the headquarters for Continental airlines.

The smaller, and slightly closer William Hobby Airport
http://hou.houstonairportsystem.org/ (HOU) stands as an Art Deco
monument to early passenger air travel, and is a hub for Southwest
Airlines.

Transport from airports to Downtown can be by rental car
http://iah.houstonairportsystem.org/rentalcars/, by Metro Bus for $1.50
www.hou-metro.harris.tx.us/homepage.asp, by taxi ($50 from IAH), or by
shuttle service.

The conference hotel itself is plottable on Mapquest as
www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&sear
chtype=address&cat=&address=1600%20Lamar%20St&city=Houston&state=TX&zipc
ode=77010%2d5012&search=%20%20Search%20%20&searchtab=address.  From the
hotel, the best bet for transportation to Midtown and the Museum
district would be by Light Rail
www.ridemetro.org/motion/lrt/railintro2.asp

As time draws nigh, we will post detailed and updated information on
transportation within Houston to the Conference web site.

Third in a series on Houston, our 2005 Conference city.  Visit the
Conference website for regularly updated information.