The Digital Library for the Decorative Arts and
Material Culture (University of Wisconsin-Madison
Libraries in association with the Chipstone Foundation)
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts
is happy to announce the addition of seven titles to
its collection of full-text online books.  These texts
are made freely available for academic research and
teaching.  Please contact me if you have questions,
comments, or suggestions.

Along with the added titles, we are also introducing
a new display feature in our interface to make browsing
through the pages of the books easier.  Check out our
"display gallery view" to see 20 pages of text simultaneously
in thumbnail images.

For more detailed information on the text collection see
http://webcat.library.wisc.edu:3200/DLDecArts/TextAbout.html

For a brief overview of what is newly added, read on--

NEW ADDITIONS INCLUDE:

A trio of early illustrated books on gardens and landscape
architecture:
Sir Humphry Repton's "Sketches and Hints on Landscape Gardening" (1794)
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.ReptonSketches
LeRouge's "Detail des nouveau jardins" (1777)
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.RougeDet
Papworth's "Hints on Ornamental Gardening" (1823)
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.PapworthHints

Two multi-volume sets of 18th century natural history texts
belonging to the Chipstone Foundation:
George Edwards' "A Natural History of Birds..."
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.NatHistEd01
Alexander Wilson's "American Ornithology"--see especially
the fourth volume of illustration plates
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.AmOrnWil04

Also new are an 1827 picture book on the pottery-making process
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.RepManEarth
and a classic early 20th c. text on interior design by Elsie de Wolfe
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/DLDecArts.deWolfeHouse

All of the above were produced by the UW-Madison Libraries'
Digital Collection Center (UWDCC).  I thank my colleagues
at the Digital Content Group and the Library Technology Group
for bringing these resources to life.  And, again, feel free
to contact me if you have feedback on the Decorative Arts
website or these new titles.
--Linda

Linda Duychak, Academic Librarian
Kohler Art Library/Digital Content Group
University of Wisconsin-Madison
800 University Avenue
Madison, WI  53706
(608) 263-2257