Hi all -- before I go slogging through World Painting Index,
etc., I thought I'd run this question by your collective
knowledge and wisdom, in case someone knows off the top of
their head.  This is a question I received via our e-mail
reference service:

"I am looking for the artist who painted a Four Horsement of the Apocalypse
painting. It is not the Durer version. This one was a colour painting; with
each of the horses, as described in the Christian bible; red, black, white,
and green. The horses looked fairly realistic, not idealised. The reason I
ask is that it was a poster that was sold about 20+ years ago, in the
bookstore at Saint Louis University (when I attended in the early '80's. I
wished I'd bought it then (hindsight being "20/20").
Any help you could give would be great. Thanks."

Any clues?

Thanks,

Suzy Frechette
St. Louis Public Library