----- Forwarded by Susan H Bobo/lib/Okstate on 01/31/2005 10:32 AM -----

01/31/2005 09:48 AM

        To:        [log in to unmask]
        cc:        (bcc: Susan H Bobo/lib/Okstate)
        Subject:        Restoration work

Hello-

I was a long time member of ARLIS-CP, but I've kind of lost touch the last
couple of years.  And now I find myself in need of help from the members
of the group.  Some will remember the Post Library, as I hosted a meeting
here once.

I'm not sure who I need to contact, so please forward this request on to
ARLIS-CP members or anyone else you know who might be able to help me.

I'm director of an art reference library in Joplin, Missouri.  Our reading
room is a replica of an English great hall and is furnished with authentic
European furniture of the 16th-18th centuries, as well as paintings,
sculpture, and decorative arts of the 14th-19th centuries.  Last week a
drunk driver driving at a high speed being pursued by police)crashed
through the wall of my library and destroyed or damaged several pieces.  I
particularly need to contact a restorer to give me information as to
whether a 16th century carved wood (gessoed and polychromed) Madonna &
Child sculpture can be restored.

If you'd like to see our website, go to www.postlibrary.org.  The Madonna
is pictured there.

Thanks,

Leslie Simpson
Director, Post Memorial Art Reference Library

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]