-----Original Message-----
From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Juarez, Miguel
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 5:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Print on Demand

Jane Kimball's book seems to have been published via Print on Demand (POD),
which does not diminish the book's value (in my opinion) but raises some
interesting issues.

What are we as an organization (ARLIS/NA) doing to promote books produced
via POD?  Will Jane's book be reviewed in Arts Doc?  Do people have a
mechanism to receive, review and ultimately purchase POD books?  I'd like to
hear what other art librarians are doing about POD books.

Miguel